South Carolina baseball: Ray Tanner talks Chad Holbrook | The State
South Carolina baseball: Ray Tanner talks Chad Holbrook | The State Fans buzz on South Carolina baseball team's slump South Carolina baseball fans share their wide-ranging opinions on the team's current slump Ziyaretçiler linkleri göremez. Kayıt olmak için buraya tıklayın.. South Carolina baseball fans share their wide-ranging opinions on the team s current slump. South Carolina baseball fans share their wide-ranging opinions on the team s current slump. Ray Tanner's decision about what to do with South Carolina's baseball program is "not going to be a long, drawn out situation," he told The State in an exclusive interview Friday. "I am undergoing an extensive assessment of our baseball program and in the near future I will share that," Tanner said on the final day of the SEC's spring meetings. He declined to say if announcement about head coach Chad Holbrook's future will come next week, though. The Gamecocks (35-25, 13-17 SEC) missed the NCAA Tournament for the second time in Holbrook's last three seasons as head coach. "I don't want to pinpoint a day," he said. "I have some more work that I want to do and some more research that is necessary in my eyes Ziyaretçiler linkleri göremez. Kayıt olmak için buraya tıklayın.." Tanner, the school's former baseball coach, hired Holbrook to be his top assistant and then promoted him to head coach. "Anytime as an athletics director, anytime you are involved in a process that there is a potential decision looming, you would rather it not be that way, but it's the reality of being an athletics director," Tanner said. "I understand that. I don't look at this as being tough on me. This is a component of the job. It's tough on everybody when you're in these situations." One thing Tanner won't do is ask Holbrook, or any other head coach, to make changes to his coaching staff or program in order to save his own job. "I feel very strongly about that," he said. "The head coach decides what is best within the program. I know there have been circumstances where athletic directors would say, ‘You've got to make some changes on your staff Ziyaretçiler linkleri göremez. Kayıt olmak için buraya tıklayın..' That doesn't fit for me. The coach should know whether or not changes need to be made on their staff. It doesn't need to come from an athletics director Ziyaretçiler linkleri göremez. Kayıt olmak için buraya tıklayın.." Fans buzz on South Carolina baseball team's slump South Carolina baseball fans share their wide-ranging opinions on the team's current slump. Fans buzz on South Carolina baseball team's slump South Carolina baseball fans share their wide-ranging opinions on the team's current slump. Never miss a local story. Sign up today for a free 30 day free trial of unlimited digital access. SUBSCRIBE NOW Josh Kendall: The good news, bad news from USC's 3-1 start The State's Josh Kendall recaps the in-progress South Carolina football season.